Sunday 8 February 2009

another week gone...

man-o-man another week down and another week closer to D-Day..... fitness is coming along nicely but to be honest, I am starting the mental training now.

The only way I am going to get up the 'hill' and down again is if I am mentally strong... stronger and more focussed than I have had to be for some years.

I go to sleep thinking about the tough times I am going to experience throughout the trek and wake up thinking about the good times I am going to go through getting up and down the 'hill'.

I am playing mental games with myself - I feel the 3am cold, the 4am toilet run, the 5am lack of breath and the 6am rise. I dont want to sugar coat this trip and see it through rose coloured glasses. I need to appreciate that over the course of 18 days it is going to get tough and I have to be tougher. (insert Rocky music....) Bring it on- thats all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment